- No events
About PSL Students
PSL students are ready to challenge the status quo and lead organizations into a culture of patient safety. The PSL program offers those who are passionate about improving healthcare an opportunity to meet, work with and learn from a multidisciplinary network of healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators.
Both programs are intended for healthcare leaders ready to help transform their organizations—and healthcare—toward a just culture with improved patient care.
Master Of Science in Patient Safety Leadership
Students in the master’s program are preparing for senior leadership roles in patient safety and healthcare improvement. They represent a wide range of healthcare professionals, including:
- A nurse looking to further improve expertise in the role of vice president of quality and patient safety.
- An emergency physician who plans to devote a career to patient safety improvement.
- An internist studying to improve the safety and quality of care for critically ill patients on a national level.
- A healthcare professional who plans to teach patient safety and quality improvement processes at an academic institution.
For more information, visit the MS in Patient Safety Leadership section of this Web site.
Graduate Certificate in Patient Safety, Error Science and Full Disclosure
Students in the Graduate Certificate in Patient Safety, Error Science and Full Disclosure online program run the gamut from senior medical leaders who need a solid academic grounding in patient safety issues to healthcare professionals who will be participating in healthcare improvement initiatives at their institution. They include:
- The head of an obstetrics and gynecology unit who is aligning education to system-level quality and patient safety initiatives that are hospital priorities.
- A pharmacist focused on creating a multidisciplinary approach to reducing medication and other errors.
- A surgical-trauma and cardiovascular intensive care unit nurse whose passion is improving patient care.
For more information, visit the Graduate Certificate in Patient Safety, Error Science and Full Disclosure section of this Web site.